EWEMO GLOBAL SERVICES
A solar energy system is normally designed to be able to deliver useful heat for 6 to 10 h a day, depending on the season and weather. Storage capacity in the solar thermal system is one way to increase a plant's operating capacity..
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Renewable Energy Source: solar energy is a truly renewable energy source. It can be harnessed in all areas of the world and is available every day. We cannot run out of solar energy, unlike some of the other sources of energy. Solar energy will be accessible as long as we have the sun, therefore sunlight will be available to us for at least 5 billion years when according to scientists the sun is going to die.
- Reduces Electricity Bills: solar system has generated, your energy bills will drop. How much you save on your bill will be dependent on the size of the solar system and your electricity or heat usage. Moreover, not only will you be saving on the electricity bill, there is also a possibility to receive payments for the surplus energy that you export back to the grid.
- Diverse Applications:Solar energy can be used for diverse purposes. You can generate electricity (photovoltaics) or heat (solar thermal). Solar energy can be used to produce electricity in areas without access to the energy grid, to distill water in regions with limited clean water supplies and to power satellites in space. Solar energy can also be integrated into the materials used for buildings. Not long ago Sharp introduced transparent solar energy windows.
- Utility-scale solar:SOLA is one of the leading developers and project originators in South Africa. Since 2008 the SOLA group has led the way in the Greenfield project development for large-scale solar PV farms, developing over 265 MW of solar PV projects alongside a pipeline of 750 MW worth of projects under the banner of its previous company, Aurora Power Solutions. The project development expertise developed by Aurora in its home market, South Africa, is now applied within the SOLA Group to other promising solar PV markets in Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond.
- Wheeling of clean energy:Wheeling is the transfer of electrical power via a utility’s transmission or distribution system between different grid or network service areas. When it comes to solar PV, the areas where the sun is most powerful and consistent is often geographically separate from the urban hubs where electricity is required.
. Five major technologies using solar energy are being developed. *The heat content of solar radiation is used to provide moderate-temperature heat for space comfort conditioning of buildings, moderate- and high-temperature heat for industrial processes, and high-temperature heat for generating electricity. *Photovoltaics convert solar energy directly into electricity. *Biomass technologies exploit the chemical energy produced through photosynthesis (a reaction energized by solar radiation) to produce energy-rich fuels and chemicals and to provide direct heat for many uses. *Wind energy systems generate mechanical energy, primarily for conversion to electric power. *Finally, a number of ocean energy applications are being pursued; the most advanced is ocean thermal energy conversion, which uses temperature differences between warm ocean surface water and cooler deep water to produce electricity.
Solar radiation is attenuated before reaching Earth's surface by an atmosphere that removes or alters part of the incident energy by reflection, scattering, and absorption. In particular, nearly all ultraviolet radiation and certain wavelengths in the infrared region are removed. However, the solar radiation striking Earth's surface each year is still more than 10,000 times the world's energy use. Radiation scattered by striking gas molecules, water vapor, or dust particles is known as diffuse radiation. Clouds are a particularly important scattering and reflecting agent, capable of reducing direct radiation by as much as 80 to 90%. The radiation arriving at the ground directly from the Sun is called direct or beam radiation. Global radiation is all solar radiation incident on the surface, including direct and diffuse.